Greetings from Taterville, USA. How in tarnation are ye? (Ok, so maybe it's not that hick-tastic and mayyybe the potatoes we DO eat are from Washington. Who's counting?) Anyhoo, I wanted to give y'all the latest on my oh-so-fabulous life. And so, without further adieu, here are the most recent developments. I apologize ahead of time for the overuse of the exclamation point... just couldn't resist.
1. I am now a Substitute Teacher!
I applied with Coeur d'Alene and Post Falls School Districts. I start with Post Falls this week. I can't wait to get in the classroom! The pay isn't great, but the life/educational experience will be completely worth it.
2. I'm freezing!
Turns out, after living in a warm, sunny climate for a year, my body is freaking out in this cold weather. Needless to say, I have a space heater in my room, I wear sweats to sleep, and I have two comforters on my bed. Strangely enough, however, I can't wait to see snow...
3. School starts in January!
I went in to discuss my academic plans with the lady at the U of I extension campus here in Coeur d'Alene today. I am taking my Ed 201 class from NIC in January, and if all goes as planned, I'll be student teaching by Spring 2009. The goal is to teach high school Journalism and Speech classes. I'm surprised at how excited I am to go back to school...
4. Coeur d'Alene Singles Branch - not so bad!
Coming from the ever-fab Pierside ward in HB, I was a little sad to return to my humble, little Coeur d'Alene 3rd Branch. As Aaron put it, "It's more like a twig." Yep, pretty much. However, I was very surprised upon my return to see lots of new faces, and some old ones I had forgotten about. (Some handsome boys, even!) Everything's gonna be oooookay.
5. Still not watching TV...
My family LOVES watching TV. I used to love it, too... but after a year without it, it's been really hard to get back into the swing. Call me crazy, but I'd rather be reading, writing, scrapbooking, cleaning, decorating... anything... besides watching "America's Most Smartest Model" or "I love New York" or the like. I think it's healthy... right? (Don't worry, folks... I'm still catching The Office and Grey's Anatomy that are recorded on DVR... I'm not completely withdrawn from the TV-loving world.)
I think that's about it. I sure do miss the HB crowd, and I hope you all are playing extra hard for me. Good luck with Powder Puff! Have fun on the Christmas Cruise! Ward choir - sing your little lungs out for Thanksgiving and Christmas -- I'm there in Spirit!
Oh, and would you please go to FHE and support Tyler and whoever it is they've called for his new co-chair? Thanks. Appreciate ya.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like life is turning out great for you! i am so glad. don't freeze to death though!
When I was assigned to live in Missoula, MT I always loved driving through that area on my way to the Mormon Temple.
It is cold though . . . COLD IN YOUR BONES!!!
oh how i miss having you around!!!! ps... you need to teach me how to use this crap. i've written four nonsense posts .... and i have no "friends"... xoxo
Post a Comment