This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Updates...

Hey Y'all...

I just wanted to update everyone on our crazy lives... here goes nothin'!

We had a really fun, very busy weekend back home in Coeur d'Alene. I had to work 'til 3pm on the day before Thanksgiving, so we drove late into the night to get home for the holiday. Since Grandpa Simon is staying with my parents while he recuperates from his current illnesses, he lent his home to Adam and me for the weekend - it was nice to have our own house for a few days! Thanksgiving was ridiculous... by the end of the day, we had eaten TWO Thanksgiving dinners (one with the Pingels, another with the Andersons) complete with two rounds of pie... Yikes! I was so stuffed by the time we finally rolled into bed. I also spent some time working at Aunt Val's store (Plato's Closet) which was actually really fun. Other fun events included: Adam performing the tenor solos in The Messiah, Hailee's (early) 4th birthday party, and finally meeting Adam's grandma on his Mom's side. What a crazy weekend! We finally got back to Rexburg late, late Sunday night.

Monday morning I woke up with a fun surprise... What it is, I'm not sure. Stomach flu? An angry alien invasion in my stomach? Only time will tell. I woke up with the most horrible, crampy pain in my stomach that lasted ALL DAY LONG... along with a headache, swollen and sore right lymph node, and (without getting too specific) other frequent, bathroom-related complications that were recurring about every five minutes. Enough said. It was a rough day. Adam was asking if I was having contractions... ha! Not quite. The pain, however, did intensify every few minutes, as if I was having contractions. Funny... well funny "uh-oh" not funny "haha". Anyway, today my condition is improved, but still not the best. I managed to eat a couple of times today (a big improvement from yesterday), but I'm way fatigued and could only handle a few hours at work...

Speaking of work... I GOT A NEW JOB! Hooray! This week I am phasing out my hours at TJ Maxx and am starting a new job here in Rexburg. The best parts? It's significantly higher pay, it's NOT retail, and it's a block away from our apartment. Woohoo! I'm excited. I started training today, and was able to handle a few hours of it... but started getting pretty sick again, and went home a little early. My new bosses are really great people, and I think I'm going to love this job. Hooray again!

Tonight, I am once again home alone without my darling superstar husband. He's back at it again -- performing in the last week of She Loves Me shows. He is so fantastic in the role of Georg and I am so proud of him. He has done so many fun things with this role and is such a talented guy. Mom and Dad Pingel are visiting this coming weekend to see Adam on closing night. I can't wait for them to come and see how fantastic their son is... As if they didn't know already :)

In other news... Adam's sister, Briana, is due with her baby boy Jaxon in 16 days! We're just hoping Jaxon waits til we're home for Christmas to make his grand debut to the world... but it's unlikely. We're super excited to have another nephew, though! Congrats Nick and Bri!

And last but not least, we'd like to bid a fond farewell to one of God's humble servants, Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, who passed away last night. He was a wonderful apostle and servant in his sojourn here on earth, and we are excited for him to reunite with his wife in the hereafter.

Some fantastic advice to leave behind: "Come what may, and love it!"

3 comments:

The Pingel Family said...

Sickness reigns in the Pingel family. Monday morning Ben woke up with the exact same symptoms you are describing...must have been in one of those pies...Rachel and Brandon actually spent the night at Grandma's so we could get some sleep. Oh and hey with your new job...unofficially keep your eyes open for something cute/cheap for us in the event that we relocate!

The Cysewski Family said...

Well said in every aspect of this post, my favorite big gween wady! And you probably got the sickness from our house, its been going around. Nick had it last week, then my mom and grandma...So, on their behalf, I'd like to apologize for passing the sickness onto you and your baby. And congrats again on your new job, we're so excited for you!! We love you tons and if Jaxon does come early, I'm really really sorry:) But he'll still be cuddly and small when you come:) Hey we love you guys, it was really really good to see you again!

da franks said...

Hey! So, I was talking the other day about happy awesome people and your name came up, and someone told me that you had a blog. So, I stalked you. Sorry, I just wanted to say hi and that your awesome. Hope all is going good. Love ya. Natalie(Morton)Frank