Everyone is asking for a baby update. I promise I haven't been ignoring you. Promise.
In all honesty, I've been waiting for the planets to align or something, because I can't seem to get myself to bring the laptop AND my camera to the theatre (where the internet is) on the same day. I either have one, or the other... or neither. And with all the requests for baby bump pictures, I haven't wanted to disappoint.
But today... be excited...
This is a photo taken a couple of weeks ago in Yellowstone. We were hiking around a bunch of geysers and hot pots, and took a little hidden path into the woods for about 10 feet... and found this little lake. It was a really neat contrast to all of the steam-spewing, bubbly terrain around it, and we kind of felt like we had stumbled upon our own little secret lake. The whole thing was really shallow, and I wonder if it was mostly just snow melt-off that would dry up later in the summer.
Anyhow, Adam made me strike the cheesy pose, but you can sort of see the baby bump in there. (Sorry, guys, it's the best I've got.)
Don't be too sad -- I'll put up some better bump photos sometime this week... I just have to take some! But for those of you who just wanted an update on the baby... here goes. I'm going to make a list, because, well, I like lists.
BABY HAPPENINGS:
- We get to find out the sex of our baby on June 22nd. Stay Tuned!
- I'm beginning to feel movement now that I'm in my 18th week. I think the little one dislikes my tighter and tighter-fitting clothing as much as I do.
- All of our appointments have gone great and I have had 2 ultrasounds already: One at my first appointment to find a heartbeat, and another at the next appt. because the placenta was blocking the heartbeat. This next one will be the most exciting, for sure!
MOMMY HAPPENINGS:
- The bump is getting round and sticking out more every day. Maternity clothes are starting to look cute now that there is something to fill them out.
- "Fun" Recent Pregnancy Side-effects: Frequent nose bleeds, 2 bad sinus infections, daily sinus headaches, never-ending fatigue, KILLER heartburn, and plenty of extra chubs... my least favorite.
Well, I suppose that is all for now. We're REALLY excited for the 22nd when we get to find out if it's a little boy or girl. We have some name ideas... I'll have to blog about that one, too!
9 comments:
Darcy you look great and so stylish while hiking!
Yay! What a fun post! Love baby news. It will be easy to remember when you find out the gender because I have my first appointment on the same day! Fun times. I feel for you on the heartburn. That was my number one complaint with both pregnancies. So when labor day comes (your labor, not the one in september) bring antacids or something to the hospital! Just because you are in labor doesn't mean the heartburn will subside. Trust me on this!
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I going to be in Island Park for a week so I'm hoping to come and see all three shows. That will be in July! Love ya
HI CLETUS THE FETUS!!! gaha. :D
You don't kiss and tell about names. Keep the names secret til the baby is born, I always say. Then its more of a surprise for everyone, and doesn't make you look silly if you change it at the last moment after calling the baby that for 9 months.
Oh, baby! I'm so excited for you guys! How thrilling that baby Pinglet is moving around...I'm so looking forward to that experience someday. Can't wait to hear more--do keep us posted!
Is there any possible way that you could look more hot?! I am totally jealous! I looked like a whale and you look like a goddess! -Kelsee Webb
How fun! I think this is where it starts getting fun, when you feel the baby move, and then kick, and then you'll finally grab Adams hand and get it there in time for him to feel. Do you guys have any thoughts on what it may be...any mother's intuition?
How exciting cant wait till you know what your having. Yeah the chubs thing isnt going to get any better any time soon So exciting that you can feel the little one move. congrats Eileen
Post a Comment