I stumbled upon a website today called "Not Always Right" -- a site where contributors post the dialogue of customer service situations they've been in where the customer was... well... NOT right.
Here's a little sampling:
CRYOGENIC CHIRPIERS
(A customer is trying to find something else for her lizard to eat so she doesn’t need to buy live crickets so often.)
Me: “Well, we do have this can of freeze-dried crickets. I don’t know how well your gecko will take to them, but it may be worth a shot?”
Customer: “OK…so how do I bring them back to life? Add water?”
Me: “No…they’re dead.”
I read through a page or so of these, and it brought me right back to my days working for Uncle Brad and Aunt Judy at Roosters... Especially this one:
ENIGMATIC ESPRESSO
Me: “Welcome to ****, what can I get started for you today?”
Customer: *in drive-thru* “I don’t know.”
Me: “Er…would you like any suggestions?”
Customer: “Well, I don’t know what it is I always get. My daughter usually gets it for me.”
Me: “OK, no big deal. Was it hot or cold?”
Customer: “Both.”
Me: “…was it ‘coffee’ or ‘not coffee’?
Customer: “Hmm…I believe it was both.”
Me: “I’m gonna go grab my manager…just a moment!”
Manager: “Hi there, could you please describe for me what you usually get?”
Customer: “I don’t know! My daughter gets it for me every day!”
Manager: “Let’s break it down further…was it a solid or a liquid?”
Customer: “Both…”
If you've ever worked in a customer service situation and know what it's like to deal with customers' strange, unresonable, or bizarre requests... I suggest you click here.
Thanks again to www.notalwaysright.com for the laughs
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ba ha ha!!! This is brilliant! Oh, years of customer service industries make this all the better. If ever I end up managing someplace I'm going to teach my employees that the "customer is always right" thing is hooey. The customer is always FIRST, maybe. But Darwin says these customers won't be around for too much longer to worry about...
Thanks for the laughs!
Post a Comment