Saturday was the opening of The Secret Garden here at the Playmill, which was both exciting and nerve-wracking, as show openings always are. I was able to watch the late show on Saturday and Adam was just magic as Dickon. The show is so beautiful... I bawled through the whole thing.
Saturday also brought some fun visitors - Adam's sister Briana, her husband Nick, and their adorable little Jaxon. Adam was thrilled to have them up from Idaho Falls to see his show, and they were able to spend some time in Yellowstone (it was free to get in the park this weekend) and come to visit us. Here's a photo I stole (fair and square) from Briana and Nick's blog:

Sunday was a fun day, as well. Adam got to celebrate his first Father's Day and decided he wanted to be called "King" for the day. I played along... until midnight, of course. I had a fun lesson in Sharing Time for Primary about prayer, and we invited our good friends Cameron and Kelly over for dinner... this is the best part.
I FINALLY cooked an entire classic Sunday dinner (roast and mashed potatoes) by myself and EVERYTHING turned out great -- even the rolls! I never make rolls! The trick on that part is, I got a fantastic recipe for 30-min rolls... I can never handle the waiting/rising process with normal ones! If you'd like the recipe, just ask -- they were deeeee-lish. We were all very satisfied and spend the evening chatting and playing In A Pickle.
And now... to the Fathers in my life...
My Father in Heaven: So much could be said, but all I can really say to this loving, ever-present Father is thank you. Thank you for all of the blessings I have that I don't deserve. Thank you.
My Father, John: My Dad is the most hardworking person I know. He has a gentle, quiet way about him most of the time, but can be hilarious with his down-to-earth humor when you really get him going. He loves spending time with the family, eating pie, and is a whiz at fixing cars... we rarely have to take ours to an expensive mechanic. My Dad has called me "Little Suze" since I was a little girl, and has always taken me on a dinner date for my birthday. I love my Dad.
My Father-in-law, Scott: Since the first time I set foot in the Pingel home as Adam's new friend (who turned into his fiance' a short two weeks later), Papa Pingel has always been loving and welcoming, and knew right away that I was in the Pingel family for good. He is a wise and loving father, and has an infectious sense of humor... Get him singing Suzie Snowflake... enough said. I will always be grateful that I have such a fun Father-in-law. We love you!
Grandpa Simon: Lovingly referred to by my cousin Jordan as "Bedapoopa" (don't ask), Grandpa Simon continues to be a strong, loving force on my Mother's side of the family. He has been without Grandma for quite some time, but has always had a smile on his face, and is ever-present at activities and family dinners. We love you, Grandpa.
Papa Anderson: Papa is my Dad's father, and is one of my favorite people in the world. He is a sweet man that is handy and hard-working. I remember Papa bouncing me on his knee when I was a little girl until I'd be laughing to the point of tears. He loves a good, old-fashioned meat-and-potatoes dinner, which is why Granny is such a good match for him. I am so lucky to have both grandpas around. Love you!
And last, but not least... "The King"... Mr. Pingel (my Adam): I cannot begin to put in words my love for this man. If you've been following along, you know that we both knew after 10 days of dating that we couldn't let go. Not then, not ever. We were kindred spirits -- best friends that just needed to find our match. We have been married for almost 14 months, and are expecting our first little boy in October. It has been amazing watching Adam and how excited he is to welcome his first "little buddy" into the world. Nothing gets him more excited. I love my husband -- my best friend.
Happy Father's Day!
4 comments:
congrats on you're little boy! That's so fun!! Maybe our little guys will grow up and be best friends like all of us are! Oh, and I might need the 30 min roll recipe. I've never worked up the nerve to try rolls and a meal yet.
Congrats on the boy!!! Boys are so fun. I am glad to see you so happy, Darc.
I would love the 30 min roll recipe because I hate waiting for them to rise as well so I never make them! ANd we have in a pickle but are pretty sure we are playing it wrong so you should teach us how to play it right :)
Congrats on making a whole meal by yourself. Despite what people may think, it really isn't very easy making a whole meal and have everything turn out. I would love to get that recipe from you. Good luck with your little boy. He will be here soon. :)
Post a Comment