This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Monday, October 19, 2009

ANOTHER Quick BABY Update...

I went to the baby doctor today, and here's what we found out:

- I'm 2cm dilated.
- I'm 50% effaced.
- I'm measuring perfectly for 38 weeks.
- Baby Pingel is happy where he is... for now.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated as the next two weeks progress. Of course, I want him to come ASAP, but I also have a long list of things I want/need to get done before that happens. Nesting is such a funny feeling -- a desperate desire to get everything/anything done before baby comes, mixed with a body that is unnaturally tired and awkward/painful to maneuver. Sounds fun, now, doesn't it?

However, I guess I have done a few productive things over the past week, including (but not limited to) the following:

- Daily walks with Adam (exercise PLUS couple time!)
- Got my Flu Shot (but not the H1N1... I'm not sure I will...)
- Sleeping through the night with fewer potty breaks (YES!!)
- Craft: My lovely Fall wreath (as shown in an earlier post)
- Craft: A "FALL" wall hanging (as shown in an earlier post)
- A fun pizza-and-movie date w/Adam on Saturday Night (We watched Monsters v. Aliens)
- Washed & Vacuumed "Ruby," our Chevy Blazer
- Painted our ugly mail basket a lovely dark brown
- Made homemade chicken noodle soup & rolls for our H1N1-sick friends
- And, my personal favorite... This cute P monogram for the living room wall:


Next on the list of distracting activities...
- Bake pumpkin bread (hopefully tonight! **Post-edit** DONE!)
- Bake banana bread
- Bake zucchini bread
- Sew car seat cover for Baby Pingel (keep out the cold!)
- Make cute burp cloths
- Sew THESE cute baby hats
- Visit the Madison Library (books on childbirth, perhaps?)
- Paint my toenails (if I can reach them... yeah, I'm serious.)

- Manage to make meals for my BUSY, BUSY husband...
- Clean the house for this Saturday's Baby Shower -- courtesy of Em and Alex!

Sounds like a fun life, eh? Add to that the usual dishes and laundry (and a few moving-in projects that I STILL have left to do!)... and Baby Pingel (Jack, we think!) will be here in no time!

Next appointment is 10:50 this coming Monday. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Eileen Jensen said...

you busy lady you. You are such a homemaker I love it. I am so glad baby is doing so well.

Liz and Grant said...

It's soo true what you said about nesting. I can't seem to turn my brain off when it comes to thinking about everything I want to have done before our baby gets here, but I only have energy in 1/2 hour spurts, so I really haven't gotten that much done. Unlike you, however, I kinda hope our little one is late, maybe then I actually stand a chance of getting things finished up. Good Luck, I'm sure baby P will be here before we know it:)

Tiffany & Chris Levanger said...

super cute blog darc! can't wait for baby pingel to get here. i was there when chris' third nephew was born on thursday. ummmmm, good luck! you'll do great! love tiff tiff.

Liz said...

Good luck, Mama Pingel! I'm so excited for you guys. Give me a call if you need anything, anything at all. 406-640-0363. Hugs!

Brynne said...

I love all the baking goals! You are my kind of girl! Wish I was there to eat it with you... :) Good luck these next couple of weeks! I like Jack, too! You will have a Jack and a Jaxon, right? Keep up the good work, Mama!