This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Friday, October 30, 2009

FOREVER PLAID!


I can't believe I haven't posted about this. (I haven't, yet, have I?)

In two weeks (Nov. 13-14 and 16-17) Adam (and three of our Playmill friends) will be performing in a Playmill production of FOREVER PLAID in Idaho Falls at the Colonial Arts Theatre. Shows are at 7:30pm, and tickets can be purchased by calling 208-522-0471

For those of you unfamiliar with the show, here's a little background for you:

"Forever Plaid is an off-Broadway musical comedy, written by Stuart Ross in New York in 1990. The critically-acclaimed show, now performed internationally, is an affectionate revue of the close-harmony “guy groups” that reached the height of their popularity during the 1950s. The Plaids personify this clean-cut genre.

The quartet of high school chums’ earnest dreams of recording an album ended in death (literally and indeed, symbolically) in a collision with a bus filled with Catholic schoolgirls on their way to see the Beatles’ American debut on The Ed Sullivan Show. The play begins with the Plaids returning from the afterlife for one final chance at musical glory.

Audiences will be delighted with the Plaids’ musical lineup: Three Coins in the Fountain; Undecided; Gotta Be This or That; Moments to Remember; Crazy ‘Bout Ya, Baby; No, Not Much; Sixteen Tons; Chain Gang; Perfidia; Cry; Heart and Soul; Lady of Spain; Scotland the Brave; Shangri-La; Rags to Riches; and Love is a Many-Splendored Thing."

So...

If you're in the general Idaho Falls/Rexburg/Rigby/Shelley/Utah area, PLEASE don't miss out on seeing Forever Plaid. It's going to be an AMAZING show (not to mention, ADAM is in it! -- He's so excited!)

I'll probably be there Saturday the 14th... hope to see you there!



Also, you can visit the PLAYMILL BLOG for more information about the show and cast!

2 comments:

Team Cody said...

I LOVE this musical. So sad I'm not there. Break a leg Adam!!

Taylor Thompson said...

Hey! We are going to be there on the 14th!