This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Raindrops on roses...

Lindsey's latest post about her favorite things (which you can view here) has got me thinking about mine (and singing the song from "Sound of Music", as well). I've got a lot of favorites, and I wanted to share. I'll include some food, some fun, and some guilty pleasures (in no particular order). Enjoy!


1. Golden Spoon: Cake Batter ice cream with rainbow sprinkles tastes like rainbow chip cake batter... you know the kind! And the best part is, it's fat free... Ice cream without the guilt! (See how happy the dancing ice cream lady is? You TOO can be this happy!)

2. Acai Bowls: A Brazilian delight! If you've never had one, you MUST go -- immediately, if not sooner. Go to Juice It Up and order their "Ultimate Acai Bowl". (You can also find them at Robek's and other smoothie bars, but I prefer Juice it Up's version.) Ingredients: Organic Açaí, Guarana, banana & apple juice blend. Topped with sliced banana & organic omega-3 granola.



3. Phuket Thai: If you live in the greater Huntington Beach area and haven't eaten at Phuket on Beach Boulevard, (pronounced "Poo-ket" not "Fuh-ket", thank you) then you are missing out on an incredible dining experience! It looks like a hole from the outside, but it's nice and clean, the service is incredible, and the food... ohhhh just you wait. (Hint: Order the Tom Ka soup for starters -- if you like mushrooms -- and get the yellow chicken curry for an entree.)

4. Macintosh/Apple Products: Yes... I am a member of the "dark side" and I'm never turning back. I am the proud owner of a 15-inch, over-used, much-loved iBook, which I purchased in college. Someday I will own a more sophisticated model, but good ol' iBook will do for now. If you haven't explored the wonderful world that is Mac computers, I urge you to give it a try. Don't be afraid... they're very user-friendly, they aren't as virus-prone as PC's, not to mention they're very aesthetically pleasing. If you love your iPod like I like mine, or like Farrah likes hers, you'll probably love the many other products Mac offers. (PS: Did you know that Mac computers can run Windows, too? Just another reason why they're bomb.com)

5. Trader Joes: "Never panic - it's organic!" Okay, so this isn't their real slogan, but it's how my friend Aubrey put it oh-so-poetically. I love Trader Joe's with all my little heart. The prices beat any grocery store, their products are full of healthy, organic ingredients, and it's just a fun place to shop for food. (My favorite items: "Simply the Best" trail mix, High Fiber O's, Mediterranean Hummus, and Pita Chips with Sea Salt.)


6. Costco: Not much to explain here. All good things come in bulk... ok, maybe not. But I love Costco, and recently got a GREAT deal on my digital camera from Costco.com.



7. Thrift Stores: "One man's trash is another man's treasure." Right? Or, more appropriate for me is, "One woman's discarded Stuart Weitzman heels are another woman's vintage Stuart Weitzman heels!" My favorite things at thrift stores: Designer shoes, vintage dresses, and books. (If you live in HB, my favorite thrift store is the Goodwill on Adams & Magnolia.)


8. Target: I have been known to spend hours perusing the aisles of this retail paradise. Everything's just so... shiny and pretty! I've said too much already.


9. Gummy Worms: Yes, I am a five year old.

And, last but not least...

10. Diet Coke: Nectar of the Gods...

More to come, one of these days... what are YOUR favorite things??

3 comments:

TUG said...

My favorite thing is pain medicine right now.

paintingyoupretty said...

I can't believe I forgot to include diet coke on mine. What was I thinking???

Tannerama said...

Mixed martial arts fights, pita chips, the book of 2nd Nephi, life drawing, Daredevil comics, popping and locking, and my ipod.