This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Heart Glenn Beck.


Don't worry... I haven't fallen in love with another man, and Adam has no need to worry that he's been replaced. I just love listening to the ever-sassy Glenn Beck while I'm at work. He's got the 3rd largest radio talk show in the nation, and has a no-nonsense, get-to-the-point take on politics and life in general. He's a conservative with gumption and vision, and I admire him.

Today Glenn talked about the crazy spending that Obama and Clinton have planned for the future of our nation. Have you heard about Obama's Foreclosure Prevention Fund? In his own words, this plan will “assist individuals who purchased homes that are simply too expensive for their income levels…”

...I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. You almost had me there, Obama... until I thought to myself, "Self, when did we stop taking responsibility for our actions? When was it ever ok to live outside of our means?" Admittedly, I'm not the poster child for frugality and thrift myself, but to actually throw money at people who bought expensive homes, rather than allowing them to learn from their mistakes, just doesn't rub me right. Call me crazy.

The highlight of today's show, however, was when Glenn was talking about an interview he did with a "snobby" New York magazine. His answers were hilarious... but my favorite was this: The magazine asked him what his favorite drink was. He responded: "As a conservative, I guess it's just what you would expect it to be. I drink the blood of small people who are different than me."

Love it. Sarcasm at its finest. You can read this interview HERE. Hats off to you, Glenn Beck... I'll be listening.

Oh, and one more thing. While we're talking about politics (a topic which I really know far too little about), I have to post something that has had me chuckling since I read it last night. I'll admit, I completely stole this from the blog of a friend-of-a-friend, but it was so good, I had to pass it on myself... ENJOY! (And thanks, Aubrey!)


Chelsea Clinton recently discussed current events with a U.S. soldier.She asked if, as an American fighting man, anything scared him . He told her there were only three things he feared:

1) OSAMA

2) OBAMA
And...

3) YO' MAMA!

3 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

You two are soooo darling! Thanks for the comment on my blog...and for the props on the joke. My dad sent me that one at work and I thought it was hysterical. I sent it to all the Clinton supporters in my office. Even they laughed!

Keep up the fabulous blogging. I'm sure you'll find me visiting more often. :)

CoCo said...

One of my favorite interviews (in case you have not already seen it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtAPT9KEfM

The Cornett Family said...

Congratulations Darcy! I found your blog through Meagan Zastrow, and since I don't know very many Darcys, I figured it must be you! But congrats on the engagement! Make sure you send us an announcement! I think Adam's family might have our address! Good luck with wedding plans!