This post will be entertaining. Promise.
You know why? My husband is taking a makeup class. Yep, you heard it right - MAKEUP. It's a requirement for his major (Theatre & Speech Education) and he was actually pretty excited to do it. I've been a model for him three times now -- Corrective makeup and two glamor days. Surprisingly enough (or not surprisingly enough), he's actually very good, and rarely gets mad or rolls his eyes when I give him pointers.
Here's a photo of Adam doing my makeup:
Pretty fun, eh?
And while I'm on the subject, I thought I'd give you a few of my makeup tips/favorites... in list form. Surprise, surprise.
Darcy's Makeup Favorites/Tips:
1. FOUNDATION
- SPLURGE: Bare Minerals Powder Foundation - A must-have if you have problematic skin.
It even has an SPF 15. I love it. ($25 - Sephora.com)
- STEAL: Max Factor Pan-Stick - Amazing coverage, great price. My mom's favorite, too... I swore I'd never use it, but I couldn't resist. ($6-7 - most drugstores)
2. POWDER
- SPLURGE: Bare Minerals Mineral Veil - The perfect combo with the foundation (above).
Leaves skin with a natural, dewy finish. ($19 - Sephora)
- STEAL: Maybelline Shine Free Loose Powder - Wonderful matte finish, light and long-lasting.
($5-6 - most drugstores)
3. BRONZER
- SPLURGE: Benefit "Dallas" Bronzer - Also acts as a luminizer and has a rosy bronze finish.
($28 - Sephora)
- STEAL: Bonne Bell Pressed Bronzer - Great price, great color. ($4-5 - most drugstores)
4. EYESHADOW
- SPLURGE: Stila Eyeshadow Pan - SO worth the money. I've had my favorite brown for about 4 years now. I recommend the colors: "Kitten", "Barefoot Contessa" and "Espresso". ($18 - Sephora)
- STEAL: NYX Shadows - In a bazillion colors, they're SO inexpensive and go on like Mac shadows. I used to buy them in California, but you can get them online, as well. ($2.50-3.50 each - drugstore.com)
5. EYELINER
- SPLURGE: Benefit BAD Gal Eyeliner Pencil - Smokey, smudgy, sultry. ($18 Sephora)
- STEAL: Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner - I prefer the waterproof. It lasts all day! ($4-6 most drugstores)
6. MASCARA
- SPLURGE: DiorShow Blackout Waterproof Mascara - I just love it. Big, fat eyelashes. ($24 Sephora)
- STEAL: Maybelline Extreme Volume Waterproof Mascara - Great Price, great lashes. ($5-6 most drugstores)
Go get 'em, girls! Let me know how it all works for ya!
2 comments:
Darcy--this was so interesting!!! Thanks for sharing. I love this stuff. I think it would be fun just to take this class that Adam is taking. We have wanted to find someone that know the way to apply makeup in today world and have them show us at a girls night. Thanks again!!! And post more pictures of you and Adam in this class like before and after. It would be interesting.
You actually look really cute without all the make up on yet. You should go for the natural look more often!
Post a Comment