1. Losing Weight:
So get this: Today I learned that I've been making a huge diet mistake. No, it's not the Ben & Jerry's Low-Fat Frozen Yogurt I squeezed into my calorie intake last week... And yes, I've been exercising religiously. My problem? Apparently, I'm not eating enough. I know... sounds kinda wild, but after doing some reading this morning, I was fully rebuked by various internet-posting nutritionists and doctors that told me if I don't eat more, I'm not going to lose anything. Bummer... ha!
So... I've upped the caloric intake. It's kinda nice, though I was doing fine on my 1200 calories a day, but not losing much, if anything at all. And what's funny is that I've been upping my exercise, which, according to the articles... means I have to up my calories... And now that I'm at the end of the day, (post-workout) and according to my calculations (daily caloric requirement minus foods eaten, plus calories burned through exercise... if that makes sense) I've got about 1000 calories to eat. Ha! Probably not going to happen.
I have to let you in on a DELICIOUS good-for-you food I've found. It's Pacific Natural Foods Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. I'm addicted. It's only 110 calories per serving, and delivers up a TON of flavor. You can find it in the health food/organic food section of your grocery store, and the price is pretty good, too... (about 60 cents a serving).
Seriously, folks... this is the BEST tomato soup you will EVER eat. End of story.One last diet tip before I leave... I stumbled upon a fantastic, free website that I now use religiously. It's a part of livestrong.com and it's called "The Daily Plate". It's free to sign up and use it, and it tracks your calories for each day (calories you eat AND calories you burn). They've also got lots of articles and tips, forums, challenges... it's really motivating. Give it a try! Click HERE.
2. Get Pregnant.
Ok, this one is getting SO much harder to put off. I've got to wait at least until August, because we're planning on going to the Playmill theatre this summer, and I can't very well be dancing and running around in musicals if I'm a pregnant lady. Costumes usually don't come with elastic waistbands.
But can I just tell you... it is SO HARD not to get what they call "baby hungry" when, and this is not much of an exaggeration -- freaking EVERYBODY is pregnant around here, or has darling little kids. Plus, Bri and Nick's new little bundle Jaxon was so cute when we got to see and hold him over Christmas... it didn't help a bit. The good news is, whenever I go to church and can't hear the speakers because of the few irresponsible, won't-take-my-kids-out-when-they're-screaming parents in our ward, I find myself going back on my baby wanting... for a minute.
Help me be strong.
3. Pay off debt:
Hey, for January, we're doing great on this one. So far I've paid off a credit card and we paid off our wedding rings. That's good progress, eh?
4. Read More:
I'm finishing the last Twilight series book, Breaking Dawn, during my workouts. I've lost my momentum on the series, but have to finish it. I'll let you know when I'm reading something a little more... how do you say... worthwhile. But I AM reading.
5. Write More:
I haven't done a TON of writing yet, but I've been blogging more... which is a small step.
6. Learn To Sew:
I'm about 3/4 done with a pair of pajama pants I'm making without a pattern. Woohoo!
Alright... I think that's it. I have another post rolling around in my head, but my student husband needs the laptop to do homework. So this is Darcy Pingel, signing out...
"And if I don't see ya... good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"
(NAME THAT MOVIE!)
9 comments:
Truman show. Duh
Hey I was just blog stocking and I saw you on here. How are you guys doing? Well good luck on the losing weight and gaining weight. We have been baby hungry for four years and it sucks.
The Truman Show! Not sure if I spelled it right, but it's a good one! Be strong, Darc!!! think 7-8 more months of freedom and feeling GOOD. I don't know how you will feel when you are pregnant...but to me, it is the worst. I can't emphasize it enough...even though the blessing at the end is worth it....it sucks. Just enjoy married life a little longer!! You dont want to add crazy pregnancy hormones in to your life just yet. Trust me. :)
soo i'm trying to lose my wedding/thanksgiving/christmas/married woman weight too! i found this website called eatingwell.com its real cool they have recipes for things like baked mac and cheese, but instead of butter and stuff you use cottage cheese...its AMAAAZING.
Darcers,
I know how you feel, girl! Everyone in my church is prego, too, and I find myself getting the itch. But, just ask yourself, if no one around you was prego, would you want it then, or do you just want it because everyone else has it? Also, you can get pregnant in May or June and not start showing well until September, so you are good to go earlier than you thought . . . unless you start getting morning sickness and throwing up all over stage. Ha! ;)
Stacers!
zthe truman show!!!! i didn't even cheat by looking at randee's comment.......uh......
OH DARCY! I FREAIN' LOVE THAT SOUP TOO! Its funny cause I just ate it! It is definitely the bombest soup ever made. Kapeesh sista!
so I realized that I told you to look at my blog and that it's private. DUH!!! So, email me at ps.fairbanks@gmail.com with your email and I'll send you an invite. Thanks!!!! It was so fun to see you!! I called Amy and so I'm just waiting to hear hear back from her and we'll all get together!
Sarah
Hey Darcy! I have to say you are amazing to make it on only 1200 calories a day! I could never do it! I had to laugh because that roasted red pepper tomato soup is my favorite! I've been addicted to it for quite some time! Good Luck! Are you guys coming to Cda before you go to playmill? I want you to meet Alexis!
Post a Comment