This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Monday, January 12, 2009

Resolutions.

New year's resolutions are the ever-reappearing monkey on our backs whenever December turns to January, and even if we claim we don't want them or don't have them... we all have a sense of renewal when a new year arrives, and have secret desires to be different -- harder, better, faster, stronger. The sky, as they say, is the limit.

As for me, this new year brings a lot of exciting goals and plans. And, in order to keep myself accountable, I'm going to share them with y'all and update you on how they're all going. Ready? Set...

#1 - Lose 30 Pounds!
Yep, for serious. I started a week ago, and have dropped about 4 pounds already. I've got Adam in on the action -- though his goal is the opposite of mine -- he's working on packing on the pounds (in muscle, of course). Why, do you ask? Well, this summer we're planning on returning to the Playmill in West Yellowstone, and I want to be in tip-top shape and lookin' good for auditions and the Playmill season. Also, I want to lose about 30 before I accomplish my next resolution...

#2 - Gain 30 Pounds!
I know what you're thinking... "Uhh, what?" This one is what I'm most excited for. Mr. Pingel and I are planning on getting pregnant later this year! I probably won't gain 30 before the year is out, and hopefully baby will only pack on 25-ish (which is normal, I've read)... but you get the idea.

#3 - Pay off Credit Cards!
This last week, I paid off a credit card I've had for a while, and let me tell you... it feels SO GOOD. I still have a few left to pay off, but I think I can get most of it gone before 2010. I watched Oprah the other day, and Suze Orman got me PUMPED about paying 'em off. Who's with me?!

Other Resolutions...
#4 - Read at least 1 book per month
#5 - Write something amazing - including more songs!
#6 - Learn to sew better (I got a sewing machine for christmas)

What are your resolutions? Lemme hear 'em!

4 comments:

Jenna Anderson said...

Great goals, Darcy! I have some for 2009 as well...
I hope to get a 4.0 in school and 100% attendance. I hope that I can lose maybe 10 pounds or if not, just be healthier by working out/making better food choices.
My #1 goal is of course to get RIley potty trained. That is a goal for January/February, and it had better get done!! I have some other personal goals as well...but that's some of what I am working on! Good luck with yours! (25-35 pounds is what is considered a "Normal/healthy" weight gain for pregnancy (Just FYI!) Although it also depends on where you start. Because I was so sick, I didn't gain even 25 with either. But I know people who have gained 40+ pounds with their first one...Imagine trying to lose that weight! Not fun.

The Pingel Family said...

Let's just say your resolutions are similar to ours...

Isn't it exciting paying things off? We're pumped about that too. Ben has been listening to Dave Ramsey- you guys should check his stuff out! You'll like what you see. We're believers.

Dot said...

I'm so happy to hear you are returning to Playmill! The Eaton's are having their family reunion in Island Park and they all want to go to the Playmill one night. I told them that my niece and nephew were in it last year and it was so much fun. Now when you know anything let us know so we get tickets for the right night!

801-921-2896 said...

Darc - remember . . . the "eating for 2 is a complete myth. Even at full term you only need an additional 400-600 calories for a baby.

The more you put on, the harder it is to take off. This coming from Dana.