This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Let's get skinny!

Alright, y'all, I said I'd let you know how I'm doing on the "gettin' skinny in '09" resolution. I already let you in on my favorite new cook book (Hungry Girl -- it's AWESOME!) but I'll also let you know a few of the things I've been eating...

BREAKFAST
1/4 cup fat free egg beaters -- 30 calories
1 slice turkey bacon -- 20 calories
salsa -- 10 calories
1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese - 35 calories
TOTAL - 95 calories (and 15g of protein!)

LUNCH
3/4 cucumber -- 15 cal
3 stalks celery -- 15 cal
homemade fat-free ranch -- 20 cal
tomato & red pepper soup -- 110 cal
TOTAL - 160 calories

DINNER
1 Chicken Breast -- 120 cal
Frank's Red Hot Sauce -- 5 cal
2 cups lettuce/salad mix -- 10 cal
light blue cheese dressing -- 40 cal
TOTAL - 175 calories!

Daily total (thus far) 430 calories...

Now I know what you're thinking... that's not enough! You should be eating more!

Oh don't you worry... I also have a few of these in between...

SNACKS
Apple -- 80 cal
Orange -- 85 cal
Sugar-free Fudgesicle -- 40 cal
Carrots -- 35 calories
Hungry Girl onion rings -- 153 cal
McDonalds Ice Cream Cone -- 150 cal

... and much more.

I've found that if you're choosing the right things, you can eat a LOT of food, and still save on tons of calories. It's fantastic... This is just a sampling of what I've been eating.

Anyone have any good ideas? Recipes? Lemme have 'em!!

4 comments:

Kari and Robert said...

one of my favorite and tasty ways to lose weight is to include lots of sauces with my meals, like marinara, hot sauces, even pico de gallo kind of things, and of course hummus. that way it still tastes good but i don't feel disgusting. Thats the other thing i heard from my nutritionist friend, is pay attention to how full your stomach feels with each bite and stop before you feel full at all, because you will be once its all digested. YOU GO GIRL!

Dot said...

hey, you are getting me thinking! just thinking but heck--gotta start somewhere!

Ashleigh said...

Hey you! Sounds like we're on the same" lifestyle change" together. Are you cutting out sugar? Have you heard of Kashi Go-lean crunch? Yum! Its has like 9 grams of protein, 8 grams of fiber and 7 whole grains! Its sweetened with evaporated cane juice and it's soooo good with a cup of cascade fresh yogurt..any flavor. Though I am not sure if there is any around rexburg. Cascade Fresh is made with only fruit juice. So no sugar or artificial sweeteners! Go-lean crunch is also an awsome crust for a really good no sugar cheesecake recipe I have. ( this is making me hungry.) ;-) I have TONS of awesome, yummy low calorie or no sugar recipes if your interested. I use a lot of honey.

KJ and Michelle said...

Hey, I just saw your blog link on facebook and followed it! Just wanted you to know, I love that cookbook! In N Out totally does not fit in the healthy lifestyle- dang it! :)

- Michelle