
Pregnant ladies are funny.
And when I say pregnant ladies... I mean me, in particular.
And it's not just the fact that I'm shaped like a watermelon. That's funny, too.
Let me explain: All of my siblings and my Dad are going to be in Provo this weekend for the BYU football game. They've been taunting me about it... "Ha ha, you'll be the only one not here, hahaha." Well, until yesterday, when they started asking me to come. My brother Skyler is driving down from Rexburg, which means all I'd have to do is hop in the car with him. Easy shmeezy. So I told everyone I was coming and arranged hopping in with Sky.
So, last night, Adam had a rehearsal for his upcoming production of Forever Plaid, and was gone from about 5-10pm. I watched TV, blogged, checked e-mails and cooked dinner... and he still wasn't home. I was really, really lonely for him, and then Grey's Anatomy came on. Talk about tugging at the heartstrings. I really love the writing on that show. So when he arrived, I was already at the edge of tears.
Anyway, he came home, and I hugged him for a long, long time. Something was bothering me about leaving him for the weekend to go to Utah, and all I had to do was open my mouth so that we'd both know what it was...
"I'm sad to go to Utah becuase I think I'll miss you too much."
And then the tears came.
I'm still going... But I think I just needed to get that out. I don't want to miss seeing all my siblings, not to mention my cute nieces. The thing is, as I enter the 9th month of my pregnancy, I rely on Adam a lot. Sure, I still do most of the cooking and cleaning, and can manage on my own, but he's really stepped it up in helping when I need him.
And sometimes it's as simple as, "Honey, can you grab [enter something that is 5 feet away from me as I sit on the couch] for me?"
And he does it. With a smile.
I think this has made me realize how much my relationship with Adam has changed and grown. I have gone from liking him to loving him. From liking his company to needing him to be around... for my sanity. I love my Adam.
I'm only going to be gone for 2 days. He'll be fine. He has plenty of homework, and an improv show to do. And I'll be busy enough. I just miss my buddy already, and I haven't even left.
I'll be ok. Promise. Utah, here I come!
5 comments:
Oh Sweetheart, that's what husbands are for. This post makes me smile, remembering all the runs to the store to get me a craving while I was on bed rest; all the pillows that surrounded me, causing him to sleep on a sliver of the bed... enjoy it because as soon as that baby comes, those wonderful things stop. Lol Well not really, but they look at you like, you don't have a baby in there any more, you do it. I'm so excited for you guys! And I promise your present will be mailed to you as soon as I get a chance to finish it. Email me your address! -Kelsee
Wow-you are a brave woman. Not only leaving your husband (I totally understand your pain there!) but to be traveling voluntarily! I could never do that! I hope this trip is a little more comfortable for you, and if nothing else, at least it is shorter!
It's funny how hormones pull at us. Although, I think once you get pregnant...the back and forth thing (between being pregnant, nursing, not pregnant)...it just messes you up forever. But if it makes us love our husbands more sometimes it's worth it, right? So cute. :)
Oh farwa, I love your adam too! Maybe not in the same way but...oh I'm jealous of you (about going to the byu game) and i hope that you cheer so loud that you pop that lil jack jack right out! ok just kidding, but have a \blast, i expect pictures!!! Love ya!!
Reading this post made me laugh sooo hard because we are all sooo alike! I just watched greys anatomy for the first time the other week on netflix and I cried and cried because of all of the "tugging at the heartstrings" that was going on. Man, I'm not even pregnant and I cried. You are one tough cookie Darc. I love you! And I love that you and your adam love each other so much that it is heart wrenching and difficult to be away from each other for two days. Everything is as it should be :)
Post a Comment