Uh oh.
Turns out, the lady upstairs was doing some laundry as she packed up her last few things to move out, and her washing machine decided to continue filling... and filling... and filling... and flooded her apartment. Consequently, ours got some fun water action as well -- Through the ceiling vent in the bathroom, all over the bathroom wall and floor, down the hallway, and into our bedroom closet. Water, water, everywhere. By the time we got home, the carpets were soggy, but most of the rest of the water had drained down the drain next to our washing machine.
(Thank heavens! As a pregnant lady, I frequent the bathroom often... can you even imagine getting rained on as you're peacefully answering nature's call? SO glad I wasn't home!)
After some water removal, the ServPro guy left us with a few large, loud green fans to dry up the aftermath, and went on his merry way. Lucky him. We got to try and sleep with helicopter sound effects. Additionally, Adam has been coming down with some sort of icky-ness that involves a sore throat and an ear ache. Hopefully it has nothing to do with the flu... especially not the Swine Flu. Ick. He had a harder time sleeping than I did last night -- which says a lot, if you're aware of my luck with sleeping lately.
I was up a few times, however, because I decided to try the ol' Castor Oil trick to get things moving down in Baby Pingel land. I made an Oreo milkshake and mixed in the thick, oily stuff. (Luckily, I had the tasteless, odorless kind. It doesn't, however, say texture-less... eww it's so thick!) The result? Well... use your imagination. It wasn't traumatic or anything, but I did have to use the toilet a few extra times over the last 24 hours, and with no help to starting contractions. Bummer. My mom says she used to drink the whole bottle of the stuff... Which shows that my mom is way more hardcore than me. Go Mom.
So, we finally dragged ourselves out of bed around 10am this morning (when the ServPro guy was supposed to be back, checking on our soggy carpet) and thought, "Oh, how nice it will be to take a shower after all this craziness!" Ohhhhh not so, my friends. Little did we know last night, the gush of water had knocked out our water heater, as well.
NO HOT WATER?!
"Are you freaking KIDDING ME?"
I was a hot greasy-haired mess after the past night's shenanigans, and had several thoughts of hopping on Priceline and booking a cheap hotel down the street. Now we have no hot water, and helicopter fans keeping our house "buzzing" with the sounds of drying. Oh, and no baby yet. Additionally, we are kind of trapped in our living room -- the bathroom and bedroom are full of green monsters, er, big, green fans. I couldn't take a shower, I couldn't do dishes (again, no hot water), and everything was torn to pieces because of the water invasion.
I was going nuts this morning, can you tell?
Well, long story short... (Haha, funny joke, this post is ginormous)... our managers came over and fixed the hot water heater. We got to shower. We HAD to get out of the house, so we went to Idaho Falls and walked around the mall. We saw a little girl dressed like this, and we completely melted, in spite of ourselves:
Isn't she so disgustingly cute?Anyway, we came home tonight, Adam ran off to do Tartuffe tech, and came home early ('cause he's THAT sick... poor guy) and have been spending the rest of Baby's due date passing out treats to the little trick-or-treaters.
Notice I didn't say "candy" -- I said "treats." We didn't buy candy... didn't think we'd have many trick-or-treaters. So we've been emptying out our cupboards of granola bars, single-serve packs of crackers, etc. and the kids LOVE it.
This one little girl picked a bag of microwave popcorn and acted like she had won the lottery.
I love my life.
And still... no baby. No contractions, either. Perhaps I should get off my costume-less bum and try to stimulate some contractions. Oh, wait, I have a costume... I'm a pumpkin. Ha.
Happy Halloween y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment