This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Bread... check!

Pumpkin is one of my favorite parts of Fall time... Pumpkins, pumpkin shakes, pumpkin pie... and pumpkin bread! I've never actually made a good loaf of pumpkin bread (to my recollection) but boy, how I love yummy fall-ish breads. And, as I mentioned a few posts back, three items on my Nesting To-Do List are fall-ish breads: Pumpkin, Banana and Zucchini.

Naturally, Pumpkin won and I ended up with one large loaf and three mini loaves on Monday night. And honestly... WOW. I can't take credit for the recipe (thanks to Betty Crocker's Cook Book -- the big, table cloth-looking one) but I believe the execution may be one of my better baking adventures.

Stay tuned for more nesting projects. I assure you, something creative WILL happen every day until Baby Jack arrives. It's called "planned distractions." Get excited.

1 comment:

TIFF said...

I made Pumpkin bread tonight!!! MMMM, it's also good toasted with cream cheese on it! Aren't you just a mini Martha Stewart?!! Good job girly!