I'm tired, I promise.
It's just that I woke up to use the bathroom (as I do several times a night, thanks to the belly dweller), and when I went back to bed, I started worrying that my copycat Cafe Rio pork in the crock pot was burning. And, instead of just hopping up really quick to make sure it wasn't, I stayed in bed and tried to get back to sleep. Dumb idea.
No, it wasn't burning.
...But my brain wouldn't shut off until it knew so, and by the time I got up to check, I was wide awake. I hate it when I have dumb ideas like that... Especially when Adam is sweetly sleeping in our teeny Full-sized bed, with his body sprawled across the center like it's some sort of Cal-King. Magically, he's doing perfectly fine with the whole sleeping thing. Lucky.
The good news is, it's been a week or two since I've encountered this problem. And maybe if my house wasn't so saturated with the smell of Sweet Pork, I would have been back to sleep, lickety-split.
WARNING: Cooking pork overnight in the crock pot may prevent sleep. Act accordingly.
Now, two hours later, I think all these Gmail-checking, Facebook-browsing, Google Reader-reading, pointless blog post-writing shenanigans have finally paid off. I'm going to bed.
I'm tired, I promise.
Wish me luck.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck with the sleep thing, and the baby having!! What an exciting time. So, excited for you guys!
Hey if your sweet pork wasn't all you hoped for, let me know. I have a KILLER recipe for sweet pork and dressing. YUMMY!
Congrats on winning the logophiliac contest! I'm a wee bit jealous! :) Ha! Now I'll have to actually spend money to purchase one of her designs! Anyway, she did a blog post about you winning. Congratulations, again!
See it pays to be my friend and read my funnies. Congrats my friend. Hope baby Jack decides to come trick or treating tomorrow. Hopefully no tricking.
Post a Comment