This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Monday, January 18, 2010

2 months!

I can't believe my baby is two months old... and will be 3 months on February 2nd.

I just barely got him to sleep (our 3rd or 4th attempt at bedtime tonight) and thought I'd do a quick blog update since it has been a couple of weeks.

Jack is a fantastic kid and makes us disgustingly happy. We love his new-found smiles and the occasional giggle. He's got strong, little legs and we can see him walking earlier than many... oh dear! This last Tuesday, Jack had his 2 month shots, which was a traumatic experience for the both of us. I thought I had heard the full gamut of his cries, but the yelps he let out after the nurses poked him were simply heartbreaking. I felt terrible for the little guy, but was glad to be the one that got to "save" him. Needless to say, he's been a little clingy this week -- always needs Mom to be holding him. It's fun... until I need to do the dishes/laundry/vacuuming/etc. Such is the life, eh?


Adam is ever-busy with school, work, and rehearsal. We love the hour or two a day we get to spend with him, and LOVE Saturdays and Sundays for that very reason, as well. He has a full credit load, a new job as a carpenter in the theatre shop at BYUI, and is playing the role of Macduff in Shakespeare's Macbeth. I am so excited to see this show, and you are all invited, as well -- they are doing a ton of broadsword fighting, and Adam comes home with all manner of bruises, cuts and soreness. I feel bad for the guy, but he's loving every minute, and gets to be the hero of the show. Adam is looking forward to auditioning for Coeur d'Alene Summer Theatre this year, which will be a whole new jump from our usual Playmill summers. He will also be performing in Forever Plaid this upcoming May at BYU-Idaho, and is excited to bring back his role as Smudge.

And as for me... I'm just trying to keep my head above water. The adjustment to mommyhood is a fun one, but it really forces me to get my act together. I've become slightly obsessed with anything and everything that helps me to be more organized, and am trying to figure out the best way to fit workouts into my crazy daily routine. I am either going to buy an elliptical machine off of Craigslist, or invest in some Jillian Michaels DVDs... or both. Stay tuned. Adam and I are having a pound-for-pound competition each month this year... he is trying to gain and I'm trying to lose the excess baby weight... and then some, if possible. Whoever has gained/lost the most each month wins, and the competition resets for the next month. We haven't figured out a prize yet... any ideas?

Other than that, I have reunited myself with the art of jewelry-making, and plan to post a ton of stuff on my Etsy shop as soon as I can. Like I said... crazy schedule... needy baby... you get the picture. (Speaking of pictures... the picture of me is from the night before I went into labor with Jack... which explains why I'm looking extra glowy and extra puffy.)

And so, as I (finally) get myself to bed, I'll leave you with a couple of recent pictures of the darling Jack. Enjoy!


4 comments:

The Pingel Family said...

I am desperately wanting an elliptical machine too! I just can't find one that fits in my price range which is like $20.00! I love Jillian Michaels though. I bought her 30 day shred DVD last year and loved it. I never made it to level three because I got pregnant and all...but I thought it was great. Good luck!

Ally J said...

I'm glad you guys are doing so well! And thanks for updating! I love reading them! An idea for the prize part, I would suggest that the loser has to buy the winner a present. Something nice, but affordable! Makes it fun and exciting!

Kristen said...

What a sweet little guy he is! Mommyhood is definitely a big adjustment : ) Glad to hear you guys are doing well though.

Liz said...

That picture of Jack is one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I keep loading up this page to look at it.