This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's on YOUR iPod?


Those of you who have had in-person contact with me over the past few days know that I've been a little "under the weather." But this morning when I slept through my alarm til I only had 10 minutes to get ready for work... my first thought as I bolted out of bed was... "I CAN BREATHE!"

So today, we're celebrating my feeling a little better by talking about one of my favorite topics... GREAT music! I could go on and on about music... music is the spice of life. Music teaches us things that spoken words cannot. I love every aspect of it... listening, singing, writing, collecting.

Speaking of collecting good music, the following list contains some of MY very favorite songs. If you haven't heard them, or aren't lucky enough to have them as a part of your collection, they are only 99 cents and an iTunes click away.

And PLEASE... tell me about YOUR favorite songs! I wanna know!
(In no particular order...)

1. "Brighter Than Sunshine" -- Aqualung
(I never understood before/I never knew what love was for/My heart was broke, my head was sore/What a feeling)

2. "Forever" -- Ben Harper
(So give me your forever/Please, your forever/Not a day less will do/From you)

3. "At Last" -- Etta James
(At last, the skies above are blue/And here we are in heaven/For you are mine, at last)

4. "Forever Young" -- Youth Group **Great Cover**
(It's so hard to get old without a cause/I don't want to perish like a fleeing horse/Youth's like diamonds in the sun/And diamonds are forever)

5. "Hide and Seek" -- Imogen Heap
(Whacha say/That you only meant well/Well of course you did/Whacha say/That it's all for the best?/Of course it is)

6. "Out Loud" -- Dispatch

(And if we were walking/Down a dead end street/Would you be the one to let our eyes meet?/Or would you just keep on walking/Down to the turn around/Cause you know I'd be proud/If you'd call my name out loud)

7. "You're the Cocaine" -- Joshua James **New Favorite**
(Well I broke, I wrote a song/About our love, and how its strong/How your kisses keep me warm)

8. "Suddenly I See" -- KT Tunstall
(She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white/Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember/What you heard/She likes to leave you hanging on her word)

9. "Such Great Heights" -- Postal Service
(I am thinking it's a sign/That the freckles in our eyes are mirror images/And when we kiss they're perfectly aligned/And I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay)

4 comments:

paintingyoupretty said...

SUCH a great idea. I love it! Right now I am listening to Kenny Chesney's new CD. But, one of these days I am going to post my very own "celebrity playlist" that I will give to itunes when I become famous. Hahaha.

Tannerama said...

"I'm not going to teach your boyfriend how to dance with you" by Black Kids (my personal theme song)

"Deceptacon (DFA remix)" by Le Tigre

"Le Petite Fille de la Mer" by Vangelis

"Loveman" by Otis Redding

"Don't Get It Twisted Sister" by Doppelbanger

"Phantom" by Justice

TUG said...

It is well documented that I totally heart Bon Jovi.

Right now I recommend "Til We Ain't Strangers Anymore" which is off the new album Lost Highway.

I also have been listening to a lot of the Beatles: Hey Jude, Let it Be, Yesterday.

I guess it is the mood that I am in.

k8 said...

i LOVE that you have Dispatch on your iPod! i love them!!!