This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Monday, December 17, 2007

Too midget to quit.

I'm 5'3" but nobody knows it. I wear heels a lot, which tricks most people into thinking I'm more in the 5'6" to 5'7" range. Suckers... So anyway, this past weekend, a friend and I have been poking fun at how short I am... and, in the course of doing so, we created the phrase "Too midget to quit." (Channeling MC Hammer, of course) I think it's funny.

THEN, today my little brother Skyler, who is serving an LDS mission in the Philippines, wrote us a letter that fit in with this theme quite nicely. Sky is hilarious and I miss him SO bad... Christmas is going to be weird. Anyway, I read his letter, laughed, and read it again. It's just as good the second time around. I thought I'd share it... Enjoy!

Dear family,
This week has been quite the long week for me. We had to do a lot of tracting so its bad at first but after a while it got kinda fun. I had seen this midget in the past in a far part of my area that I wanted to contact so I decided we would tract there. When we first went to his house he was no where to be found so I was a
little discouraged cause I really wanted to have a midget investigator. But I didn't give up there. After a few appointments we came back to his street and sure enough there he was sitting on the side of the road. So I turned to my companion and said "let's get'em". When I first started talking to him, I'm sure I looked like an idiot cause I was so excited to talk to him that I was laughing a little as I introduced myself. At first I couldn't understand him cause he mumbled when he talked and he spoke Pangasinan which I only know a little of. I thought about asking him if he has ever worked for Santa or Willy Wonka or if he was in Wizard of Oz for good old time sake but i thought it would be best if I didn't. haha. He is 50 yrs old and his name is Max. We ended up teaching him and we got a return appointment. He's so funny looking cause he looks old but at the same time he looks like he's 8. So it definitely was a different week this week. But I'm now proud to say I have a midget investigator. Anyway, thats all I have to report. I'll be talking to you all soon. I love you and write back soon. Elder Anderson

SEE? Completely hilarious.

1 comment:

TUG said...

Very funny!

It isn't fun when you find out that a women is shorter than you expected. I remember not knowing that a woman was two or three inches shorter than advertised. We had kissed before, then she took off her shoes and I was like, "What happened, you used to be up here!"