This blog has MOVED! CLICK HERE for "The Charmed Life of the Pingels".

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM!

Adam turned 23 yesterday and had, in his own words, "a really good birthday." We didn't do anything extravagant, but that's the way he likes it. Adam woke up early and played tennis and basketball with some of our Playmill friends. We have tennis and basketball courts across the street from our apartment, and he's been itching to use them -- too bad he has such an un-sporty wife!

Next, we all went to breakfast at the Running Bear Pancake House. Adam treated himself to biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, bacon and a large chocolate milk. The reason why I even mention what he ate is because I was laughing as he rattled off a long list to the waitress - the boy can eat!

Afterward, we headed home for a nice, relaxing day... well, for Adam, at least. He spent the rest of the afternoon napping and resting on the couch while I finished baking his delicious birthday cupcakes. They were vanilla and strawberry cupcakes with marshmallow filling and white chocolate whipped cream frosting. They were divine - let me know if you want the recipes. I was so glad they turned out, because I spent hours on them!

The rest of the evening was spent at the theatre. Adam performed in his favorite show of the summer, The Secret Garden, and afterward we had birthday cupcakes and pizza, compliments of the Merrills. It was a fun night. Roger and Heidi had just returned from New York and brought us all "I (heart) NY" shirts... what a fun surprise!

And so, in honor of his 23rd year, I would like to pay special tribute to Mr. Pingel by treating you all to some fun pictures from our summer thus far at the Playmill. Enjoy!

Adam, being crazy in the box office...


Adam, in Footloose rehearsal...

Adam, on Playmill "Hat Day" - Our director, Dave had us all put hats on because we were being too serious during rehearsal... so we put on crazy hats, er, headdresses, and did some of our numbers improv-style... it was funny.

Everyone on "hat day." I'm wearing Adam's hat that he wears as Dickon in The Secret Garden. What a fun memory!


This was Heidi's birthday - the Merrills took us all to Rexburg for a fun night of Bajio food, bowling, and seeing "UP" at the movie theatre. As you can see, Adam had a great time at the bowling alley... what a goof.


Adam, showing off his nice bosom... He's wearing an NIC t-shirt :)


This was the 4th of July this summer... Sparkler time!


And finally, at the annual "Walker Extravaganza" at Dave's parents' house... Adam is helping prepare the dry ice bombs that we throw into the canal. It's dangerous and very VERY fun.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE!!

3 comments:

Sarah King said...

Darcy, in certain pictures your husband looks like Mike from Growing Pains (Kirk Cameron, in other words.) What a heartthrob! ;) You two are adorable.

Darcy said...

Ooh Sarah you're right! What a babe!

Michelle Pingel said...

Oh my gosh. All this time I have been trying to figure out who Adam reminded me of. That's it! Kirk Cameron! This blogging thing really pays off sometimes! Mystery solved!